Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mum's antique coins collection


Last weekend, I helped my mum to clean her collection of coins..she kept it in a small box. The thing that amazes me the most was some of the coins were older than me. I'm just 24, so "tak hairan " if i'm younger than most of the coins collection. 


The greatest part, my mum has a coin that was much more older than her..THAT coin was made in 1934. calculator>>>> 76 years!!! The only thing that pops up in my mind at that time was how much can I sell this coin.. ;p 

Look further into my mum's collection, I found some RM 1 coins that I never see before. That's antique. 


This coin (above) was the same as my age..so nothing to be proud of ;p but it is unique because I'm sure many Malaysian nowadays haven't seen it before, let alone using it. Next, another RM1 coin>>


Sempena "Penganugerahan Taraf Bandaraya" for Kuala Lumpur at 1972. Look further, I get Rm1 coin from 1971. This one is normal, nothing special about it. 

One of the  main difference between this coins and the one that we used to use ( gold in colour) is that coins those days was much more heavier. 


Another special RM1 coin is this>>> SERATUS TAHUN GETAH ASLI


ANother RM 1 will be this during our 30th Independence day. ..Birds were flying...Malaysia terbang bebas!


and the greatest coin among all is this..made in 1934...One Penny..Are the British still using this?


Then, I found this RM1 note.special, mungkin sudah pupus! 


The modern generation probably did't know of this note existence. So if they pick it, they'll throw it away..assuming that it was fake!


Upon checking at ebay.com, I found a freak selling this Rm1 note for Rm480. Gila....but I love it...because I know it has its value, and I can sell it in the future. I just need to sell it at Rm 460 and I'll gain profit. Fuh..Selling Rm1 for Rm 480...kaya aku!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...