Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tortoise got running nose! Brought Gokie to the vet!

Human can fall sick, so does the tortoise! My tortoise was contacted with Running Nose Syndrome (RNS) last week. RNS is a norm among star tortoise. Thanks to the rainy season lately, flu comes to Gokie! Common questions by friends when I told them my tortoise having running nose:


a) How you know they got running nose? 
    Same like human. You can notice mucus around their nose! (notice that at photo below?)


b) Wah..like that also can ah. Never knew tortoise can have that! Then how ah?
    Same like human. We sent them to the Vet. ;p Well, we can leave them like that but if it get serious>> dead!!

Here comes the story. I brought Gokie to the Vet last week. Funny part was, everyone stared at me..because I'm the only one in the clinic without my pet- dog. Everyone was there with their puppies and dogs. I'm there with a paper bag (tortoise in it!) I bet all of them wanted to peep into the paper bag to see what's in it and I purposely close the bag, just to make them curious!


Then, the "nurse" asked me about my pet. Told her its a tortoise and I can hear people around me whispering.."tortoise"..tortoise...Lol..


In the treatment room, Vet took a sample of Gokie's poo and analyse it under microscope! Fuh yor!! Gokie is healthy. RNS is still in early stage. So the vet injected Gokie with vitamins at her leg. They need to pull out her leg..you know..Its a tortoise..sure scared! ;p


















Vet told me for this first treatment, they will give me a solution (vitamins) to be added to Gokie's drink. First treatment cost me RM45 (injection and solution). I need to bring her back for injection after 3 days for 4 more times. Each injection cost RM 15. So in total, it will cost me RM 105. &*!@*@#(&%


Don't let your tortoise fall sick! Expensive treatment! haha..because of RNS, I had to separate two of my tortoise. kesian!  


2 comments:

DeadEye said...

no wonder pocket more tight recently, funds go to vet :(

Netto Drumz said...

yeah la..prevent it before getting worse..vet smile lo..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...