Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I appreciate her more after she left me. I will miss her.

She appeared in my dream a week ago and it ended with a nightmare. Straight after I woke up, I ran and search for her. She’s still by my side. I told my parents about my weird dream. They said I am silly for having such dream! In fact, I think I’m silly as well that time.


Fast forward the incident by a week, I don’t think I am silly anymore. That dream is a reminder for me. A reminder to appreciate her, to care for her and to shower her with more love. A dream a week ago is no longer a dream anymore! It is a fact now! A fact that 
I found it hard to believe, because I don’t even know what is the reason behind this.


She left me without giving any notice and that makes me feel very guilty. If I know she’s leaving me, I would never allow that to happen. I will bring her to the doctor and cure all the pain that she suffers silently. It is my fault for not giving enough attention and concern for her.


Human tends to be like that. They will only appreciate things around them when it is no longer with them. The same goes to me. I appreciate her more after she left me. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t appreciate her while she was with me.

I enjoyed and cherished the moment when we were together. Nothing can beat the bonding between us. Though her presence lasted only a few months in my life, it was all filled with fun and excitement.

Goldie, my Star Tortoise, passed away last Saturday. What fails me as an owner is I don’t even know what is the reason behind her death.



















When I wanted to feed her that morning, she lies motionless on her bedding. Thinking that she was sleeping, I tried to wake her up by shaking the container. 


She remain motionless. When I carry her up and touch her head, no respond from her. Normally, she will ‘manja-manja’ around my fingers. 

I rushed to my mum and told her about that. She was shocked as well. It happens so sudden.


I used a white cloth to wrap her before I buried her. Goldie is no longer with me but I will remember her as my first tortoise and the name Goldie will remain with her. 

























RIP Goldie

With Love, Jimmy


9 comments:

SMK Pengiran Omar II said...

I had one like Goldie too when I was just 10 yr old. but the biasa one la. I actually bought a pair from my friend. the female ran away hahahha. the male tortoise grew up and BIG maybe the size of your shoe. and then my dad gave him to someone else or we kasi lepas him. i oso forgot odi. i had him with me for yearrsss...

anyhow, my condolences about Goldie. find a new one la =)

Netto Drumz said...

thanks Syam @ Mimi ;p i'm not sure which one to call..

i guess d female ran away bcos tak tahan d jantan d la.. lol ..isteri lari dari rumah.. ;p

not easy to find a new one..bt i still have another one, Giddie! haha

SMK Pengiran Omar II said...

either one is fine with me.
cehh i tot u only hv goldie haha.
my regards to giddie, nasib my jantan tortoise is no longer with me. otherwise can match with yours. HAHAHAHA

Netto Drumz said...

I prefer callin Mimi then :)

Giddie is a she also..haha..ur jantan tortoise is d type that scares hot tortoise away..susah nak match la..lol

Dewi Batrishya said...

R.I.P Goldie...
Ur master took care of you to the grave. XD Lucky you..

I never liked it when my pet die..
That's y I prefer a pet robot.. hehe

w1ll1amk1m86 said...

U're a real nice owner...Better take good care of the other one ^^

Netto Drumz said...

Dewi: pet robot no fun la..no feeling there..haha..

William: i will take care of giddie!!! I WILL... =p

Livingmonolith said...

don't mind me saying, i was browsing through the previous post and the pictures that you took when you first bought it has already indicated that the tortoise is not in a healthy state. it has bulging eyes (both sides). it's an indication that the tortoise is already very weak and can't live any longer.

star tortoises are not beginner tortoises and they are not easy to be kept as pet, but i hope the others are in the pinkest of health now!

Netto Drumz said...

HIe Livingmonolith,

Thank you for the observation. I learnt from the previous lesson ;)

i send you another photo of my tortoise and you look at it. see how they are doing now. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...